Expoelectric held its first edition on 2011 in Barcelona, with the intention of becoming a reference event of electric vehicles in Spain. In a few years, it has become the major event of efficient vehicles and sustainable mobility in Southern Europe. Since the conclusion of the first edition, not only have we designed and implemented the strategic PR plan, but we’ve also developed the site, social networks and all the graphic elements of the show.
The main objectives of the strategy developed by Arenalia are 1) announcing the event and the different activities that take place; 2) Promoting electric vehicles; and 3) Familiarizing media and citizens about the importance of the sustainable mobility and energy.
In each edition, we design a communication plan that begins a few months before the event:
- Press releases plan with news and activities of each edition of Expoelectric; plus 1-2 press conference, one for the presentation and the other one to present the different activities. We always give journalists the opportunity of trying electrical vehicles.
- Interview plan with Expoelectric’s director, Ramon Caus, and other responsible of the show, for TV and radios before, during and after the event.
- Design, implantation and dynamism of Expoelectric’s profile on social networks such as Facebook and Twitter.
- Coordination with all the event's sponsors.
- Agreements with media to enhance the communication.
- Design a new image for Expoelectric, as well as all the design elements of the show (Totems, banners, billboards, etc.)
- Create and maintain Expoelectric’s website in order to inform media, citizens and brands about the news of each edition.
In each edition, Expoelectric achieved about 400 appearances on media, both in the main headings of newspapers and online media, as well as in the main Catalan TV stations and radios. The strategy developed generated a ROI value of more than 1 million euros every edition.