In 2008, Barcelona hosted the first Barcelona Harley Days (BHD), which was designed to become the largest urban event of Harley-Davidson in Europe. After the success of the 1st edition, the brand decided to organize the event yearly in the city.
- Make BHD become the largest meeting point of motorbikes in Barcelona and one of the most important urban events in Europe.
- To approach the world Harley-Davidson to all kind of publics, beyond the core public that usually feels identified with the brand.
- Communicate the brand’ origins, authenticity and lifestyle message to both general and specialized media.
- Maintain / increase, year after year, the number of impacts on media to reach more and more consumers.
- Development of an strategic communication plan to generate interest before, during and after the event. An opening press conference is carried out, in which the news of the year are explained. The organization also provides a bus for media in order to facilitate the press coverage of the main activity of BHD: The Flags Parade.
- Creation and development of the press office of BHD, through which all actions and communications with the media are coordinated.
- Invitation of most important local leaders: the opening of each edition is presented by the Mayor of Barcelona.
- Key journalists’ invitation to participate in Guided Tours to test the new models.
- Creation of new opportunities / stories to continue attracting the interest of media.
- Managements campaign with media to arrange interviews with the General Director / Marketing Manager, to generate reports, live connections… to ensure maximum coverage.
- Around 200 journalists and photographers confirmed in each edition.
- An average of 300 impacts in the media per edition (over 2,000 impacts in the six editions).
- 1.9 million € of ROI in 2008 VS 3 million € of ROI in 2015. In total, the six editions have generated over 20 million € of ROI.
- Presence in the news bulletins of all national television channels and main regional stations.
- Important media coverage of The Flags Parade in all editions, which is the main activity of the event.